Southport is set to be rocked by thunder and lightning storms according to local weather experts.
The Met Office have announced a yellow warning for severe stormy weather which will hit Southport over the next 24 hours and last for as long as four days.
Severe thunderstorms may bring disruption to travel and power supplies as well as some damage to buildings.
The Yellow weather warning means:
- There is a small chance that fast flowing or deep floodwater could suddenly occur, bringing a danger to life and rapid flooding of homes and businesses
- There is a slight chance power and other essential services, such as gas, water or mobile phone service will be lost
- There is a slight chance of damage to buildings/structures from lightning strikes, large hail, or strong winds
- There is small chance that spray, sudden flooding, standing water and/or hail will result in rapidly changing, dangerous driving conditions
- If flooding occurs road closures with long delays and cancellations to bus and rail services are possible
- There is a small chance communities may be completely cut off