Man hospitalised

Man hospitalised after insect bite in Southport.

Doctors are warning people to be on their guard after a young man was hospitalised following an insect bite last night (Friday 25 May).

The male, 18, was bitten on the lower arm by a small red tick like insect.

He took a photo of it as a precaution, which turned out to be a wise move as half an hour later, the male began to develop a stinging rash and became faint.

He was taken to Southport hospital as a precaution over fears he may have contracted Lyme disease from the bug.

Doctors are warning people who wear short sleeved clothes and shorts to be aware of their surroundings and any insects that they may attract.

The male was later discharged and given high strength antibiotics to deal with the infection.

Comments