Queues at the Southport recycling centre are once again increasing as hundreds of people rush to get rid of their rubbish before the tip changes its opening hours.
In October the waste recycling centre in Kew will now only be open 8am-5pm, cutting three hours from their normal summer 8pm closing time.
The change means residents will struggle to get rid of their rubbish after work.
When visiting the Household Waste Recycling Centres please remember:
- To plan your visit and avoid peak times (weekends and bank holidays are our busiest periods and you should expect delays)
- Consider which materials can be recycled and re-used
- Segregate your recyclables before your visit
- Wear appropriate clothing, footwear (no flip flops or sandals) and gloves
- Children and animals must stay in the vehicle at all times for their own safety
- There is a height barrier of 1.75m at the entrance and exit to every site.