People at a Southport baths got more than they bargained for this morning after one over excited swimmer contaminated the pool.
Dunes Leisure Centre staff sounded the alarm and told people to evacuate one of their pools this morning after shocked swimmers discovered human waste in the water.
Swimmers were quickly asked to leave the pool and staff have since drained the contaminated water.
It’s understood the issue happened during a family swim morning where swimmers of all ages were using the facilities.
Lifeguards asked everyone to leave the pool calmly and it has since been temporarily closed for the remainder of the day, OTS News understands.