With October half term creeping up on us we have loads of spooky activities going on at WWT Martin Mere for the whole family to enjoy. The fun starts from Saturday 24 October to Sunday 1 November.
Visiting Martin mere is a great autumn day out with lots to see and do, from experiencing our wonderful wildlife to getting involved in fun family activities. We have a range of exciting activities to keep everyone entertained this half term:
- Get into the Halloween spirit and carve your own pumpkin with the kids. Creating your own scary faces! It’s only £3 a pumpkin or two for £5.
- Explore the grounds to find our hidden pumpkins for a chocolate treat (50p pumpkin hunt).
· New in 2015, our very own ‘Phantom Raspberry Blower’ will be wandering around, but be careful, he may jump out and raspberry you during the day or meet him at our daily raspberry blowing competition at 2.30pm where you can win fun prizes.
- Have fun in our adventure play area – complete with zip wire and giant tunnel slide.
- Our spectacular swan feeds at 3pm and 3.30pm every day. With around 1,000 swans this is a spectacular sight and sound – not to be missed.
- Also explore the different habitats on our award-winning canoe safari before it closes for the winter on the 4th November.
- Between 1pm and 4pm you can come take part in our spooky crafts in the Education Centre.
Martin Mere is open every day (except Christmas Day) from 9.30am to 4.30pm during the winter (until 6pm during summer months) and parking is free of charge. Situated off the A59, it is signposted from the m61, m58 and m6 – follow the brown duck signs. The Centre is also accessible via the Southport to Manchester and the Liverpool to Preston line by train from Burscough Rail Stations. Visit the web site http://www.wwt.org.uk/martinmere/ to find out what’s on all year round at Martin Mere and the other eight WWT Wetland Centres.
Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321
Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News.
If you want your news read locally online then send it to email@example.com – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience.