If you’re not sure what to do during the Bank Holiday weekend, we’ve compiled a list of a few ideas to get you and the family out and about in Sefton this Easter.
1. Visit the coast or take a nature walk through one of our beautiful parks. We’ve got over 30 to choose from or maybe pop to the Ainsdale and Birkdale Nature Reserve – one of the largest areas of wild dune land left in Britain
2. Easter Storytime at Bootle Library, Thursday 7 & Thursday 14 April at 2:15pm. Enjoy the story Harry and the Dinosaurs Go To School, you can decorate a dinosaur egg, pin the tail on the dinosaur for a chance to win a copy of the book (competition for 5-7 years old but all ages and siblings welcome to Storytime)
3. Get creative at The Atkinson in Southport . Here’s a quick overview but take a look at The Atkinson website for more details, times and tickets the atkinson website
Make It! Monday 4 April & Mon 11 April, 11am – 3pm, get creative in the Art Boxwith family arts and crafts that you’ll all enjoy!
Hands On! Tuesday 5 April & Tue 12 April, 11am – 1pm & 1.30pm – 3pm, get up close and personal with objects from our Ancient Egypt collection.
Explore It! Saturday 9 April, 11am – 1pm – explore the themes in our Museum in this creative workshop.
Rhyme Time! Every Tuesday, 10.30am, Wed, 10.30am and Thursday, 2pm, ages 0-2, stories, rhymes, singing, instruments and colouring in
4. Take a stroll on the Southport Pier for views of Blackpool and let the kids play on the brilliant play area of King’s Gardens The 1,000 metre long Southport Pier is the second longest in the country
5. Visit the RNLI open day at Crosby Lakeside on Monday 28 March, 11 to 4pm, for lots of fun for all the family such as donkey rides, mock RNLI rescues, bouncy castles and flyboarding demonstrations.
For other ideas take a look at the Around Sefton pages on our website or see the list of community activities on our general event list.
Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321
Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News.
If you want your news read locally online then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience.