By: Tom Duffy
Meols Cop Head Teacher Alison Heaton is to step down after the current academic year.
The information was today released on the school website:
Required for September 2015
Salary Scale – L25-31 (Group 5)
Location – Southport, Merseyside
Meols Cop High School is an oversubscribed, highly innovative community school where children are at the centre of everything we do. Our October 2012 Ofsted classed us as ‘outstanding’ in all categories.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Headteacher, The successful candidate will have the vision to continue to build on the excellent foundations that have been laid down in recent years, with excellent communication and leadership skills, who will:
• Be able to demonstrate successful leadership and management skills with relevant experience
• Be inspirational and have a passion for teaching and learning with a proven record of raising attainment
• Be an excellent motivator, communicator and role model to staff and students
• Be knowledgeable of current educational issues and have the ability to plan strategically and financially
• Be able to provide strategic management of the whole-school curriculum
• Have the ability to analyse and evaluate evidence, and formulate solutions and ideas effectively
The successful candidate will share our values and have a proven track record of achieving high outcomes for all children. Whether an aspiring deputy or a serving headteacher, they will be able to lead, motivate and inspire those around them.
The school is committed to promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; therefore a satisfactory enhanced DBS is required for this post in line with the Government’s safer recruitment guidelines.
The post is registered as exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Meols Cop High School and Sefton is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Full details and application form are available to download from the school’s website www.meolscophighschool.co.uk
Completed applications should be sent to:-
Mrs J A Rimmer, PA to the Leadership Group
Closing Date : 12pm on Thursday 12th March 2015
Interviews will take place on Monday 30th and Tuesday 31st March 2015.
Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321 or 07930717137