Photo: Flooding in Narrow Lane, Halsall 2012
Flooding can have devastating impacts and it is important that you are prepared. For advice on what to do to protect yourself, your property and your community before, during and after a flood download the Sefton Be Flood Ready leaflet below.
You can also visit www.floodready.co.uk, a new website designed to raise awareness and knowledge of flood risk in the North West to enable our communities to become more resilient to flooding in the future.
How to report an incident
- For overflowing public sewer or burst water main contact United Utilities
- To report flooding on the public highway, blocked road gullies or gratings contact Sefton Council
- When private drains or sewers are overflowing either from an inspection cover or a rainwater gully on your property, you will need to contact a drainage contractor
- If you see flooding from a main river contact the Environment Agency on 0845 933 3111, or call the 24hr floodline number for flood warning information on 0845 988 1188 (call charges to 0845 numbers may vary).
- Sefton Council will respond to reports of flooding from highway drainage, surface water or land drainage systems.
Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321
Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News.
If you want your news read locally online then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience.