Photo: Springer, Ruby
Southport dog walkers have been warned about deliberate attempts to kill their animals after another dog was taken ill after eating poison.
On Sunday evening (26 July) Springer Ruby was taken ill after being out on Meols Cop field.
Dog owner Ana said:
“On Sunday evening myself and the kids took our dog for a walk on Meols park, as usual (and in springer style) she didn’t stop!
After the walk we dropped her at home for two hours only to find her comatose when we returned. She spent the night at the vets in a diabetic type coma.
“I am, as is the vet convinced that she was poisoned on the field. Blood test show that Xylotol was in her blood.
“Please everyone be vigilant”
The grim story after comes after a cat was killed on the same day.
Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321
Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News.
If you want your news read locally online then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience.