Mass brawl at traveller site Southport (

ots-southport-brawl- feature

A scramble call for police backup came at 6.50am this morning following a Preston New Road residents 999 call, Sunday 26 July 2015.

Nine response vehicles attended the Preston New Road Site.

A witness said:

Travellers could be heard shouting at the police “Get off our [email protected] land”, which the police eventually did.

Police detained two of the fighting travellers and could be heard saying to them they will be taken into custody, but five minutes later were back in camp.

One resident said:

“They had been singing all night, then all hell broke out, caravan doors were ripped off and the they started brawling. It was like something you see in a film”

“Why on earth no arrests have been made is beyond me.

“I just hope Sefton council move them on soon”.

A police spokesperson declined to comment when asked why no arrests were made.

ots-southport-brawlPhoto: Preston New Road, Traveller brawl, female detained

ots-southport-brawl-manPhoto: Preston New Road, Traveller brawl, Police go into camp


Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321

Email [email protected]



Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News.

If you want your news read locally online then send it to [email protected]– relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience.



OTS News