UPDATE: Fire brigade called to Southport Jewellers after anti theft alarms malfunction October 31st, 2015 jmr jmr Latest News Shares Comments Photo: Scene(5.30pm) The emergency services were called to the building of John Bell Jewellers on King Street, Southport, Friday 30 October 2015. A member of the public said: “I seen smoke coming out from above the shop and crowds gathered outside to watch”. Kris James on Facebook quoted: “Synthetic smoke caused by one of there anti theft alarms caused smoke after of malfunction of device FACT !!!” Two appliances attended from Southport Community Fire Station. Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321 Email [email protected] Facebook www.facebook.com/otsnews.co.uk Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News. If you want your news read locally online then send it to [email protected]– relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience. Related Comments comments!