The fully refurbished Southport Library re-opened in 2013 following a major improvement to the Lord Street building, which is part of the wider Atkinson cultural centre project.
The showpiece is the extended children’s section with room for activities and events, which includes a ship, specially made for the library, named after Kathleen – a real fishing boat built in Southport around 1900.
Other additions include a new teenage space with laptop tables and modern furniture, self-service machines and information pods, a wider range of books and access to toilets.
|Monday||9:30am – 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:30am – 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:30am – 5:00pm|
|Thursday||9:30am – 8:00pm|
|Friday||9:30am – 5:00pm|
|Saturday||9:30am – 4:00pm|
|Sunday||11:00am – 3:00pm|
- Story and Rhymetime, Tues and Wed 10.30am; Thurs 2pm
- Reading groups for adults and teens
- Graphic novel reading group for teenagers
- Reminiscence Sessions, Wed 1.30pm (monthly)
- Family History Helpdesk, Tues 2pm – 4pm; Fri 10am – 12 noon; Sat 10.30am – 1pm
- Beginner’s IT training sessions, contact the library for details
- Cycle rack
- Car parking in the town: pay-and-display or park-and-ride
- The library is on the ground floor.
- Automatic entrance doors
- Hearing induction loops
- Self-service colour photocopier
- Quick-reference section
- Local history sections collection
- Weekly Job Club – Wednesday 2-4pm
0151 934 2118
firstname.lastname@example.org Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137Email email@example.com Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Facebook www.facebook.com/otsnews.co.uk