When so much time is spent at home, it’s easy to spot all the things you don’t like about your house and get restless about the place in which you spend most of your day. Nowadays, people work from home, school their children from home, set up businesses from home, even have staycations from the comfort of their home. If you’re beginning to get a little fed up with the walls in which you reside, don’t just assume that the only way to change your view is to change your location. There are lots of creative things you can do to transform the space you already have, without dealing with the stress and hassle involved in moving house. You will save yourself a great deal of money and energy by learning to change your mindset, realising that your contentment at home can be altered with just a few simple adaptations. Some projects can even be done in a weekend, quickly transforming your space with minimal downtime! Let’s consider a few creative things you can do to flip your home and flip how you feel about it too:
- Get rid of clutter. Decluttering has become quite a fashionable trend in recent years, with celebrities and home gurus showing just how easy, and amazingly transformative, it can be. As one expert suggests, keep the things that bring you job and discard the things that don’t. Don’t be scared to be a little ruthless when it comes to getting rid of clutter. Remove the element of sentiment to a certain degree and dispose of the things you don’t use. You’ll quickly see how much space you regain, and you’ll be able to also reorganise what you do want to keep in order to make better use of the space you have. It will be of help when it comes to cleaning and tiding, and you may find it helps you to declutter mentally too. You can even fund your home transformation by selling the things you don’t need or, on the other hand, feel the happiness that comes when you donate the items to charity so that others can benefit from them.
- Have a fresh lick of paint. Painting is simple way of completely changing the feel of a room and one of the cheaper options too, as it’s easy to do yourself. A bright, light colour can make a space look larger, while a warm, darker colour could create a cosy ambience. With so many types of paint, in so many different shades and colours, you have full control of the space you want to create with just a tin and a paintbrush. Whiteboard or blackboard paint can add a functional element to a workspace, or fun area to a playroom. Basically, the potential for transformation is endless when it comes to painting!
- Put up some new wallpaper. If you want a cheaper alternative, or a quicker method, than repainting, new wallpaper is a good thing to look into. There are so many different options with a varieties of patterns and colours that you can choose from to truly create a unique space that is perfect for you. It also doesn’t cause any damage to your walls during it’s installation or removal, meaning you won’t have a lot of tidying up to do if you decide to change it in the future. This also means that it’s a great idea for rented properties. Peel and stick wallpaper is now also an option which is great again for renters as it creates a beautiful transformation without the permanent investment – if you move house, you can take the wallpaper with you! Wallpaper is also not to tricky to install, so you can either do it yourself or ask a professional to do it for you if you lack the confidence on your own.
- Think about the illumination. You can either move the lighting you already have, or get new fixtures altogether. Both options can completely change the look and ambience of a room. For example, installing luxurious hanging lights adds a flair of elegance to a dining room, while soft glowing lamps add the feel of cosiness to your bedroom or reading corner. Features of your home are highlighted and brought to the forefront, and the colours you’ve worked hard to select for your walls and décor are beautifully enhanced. Evidently, illumination plays a big part in transforming your space and it’s one of the easiest things to change.
- Add some natural light. While we’re on the subject of illumination, there is no true replacement for some natural light. While there might not be much you can alter about the main windows of your property, installing a skylight is a great way to transform a space. It is affordable and effective, creating focal points and brightening a space while also allowing for extra ventilation and fresh air. Look up to the relaxing blue sky during the day, or the sparkling black sky at night, with the additional of a skylight in your home.
You Can Transform Your Space
The suggestions that we’ve briefly considered are just a few of the many things you can do to take control of your home and transform your space. They don’t have to break the bank, you don’t need to hire contractors, you don’t even need to live in a building site. With just a little thought and research, you will be able to implement some easy and affordable tips and trips that will make your house feel like a whole new home. Simply changing up some of your home materials, like those provided on the Materials Market, will make a massive impact. You will also enjoy the satisfaction of doing many of these things independently, seeing your personality shine through in the creative things you do to transform your home. Even if you have no clue as to where to start, you can always consult an expert who will be able to point you in the right direction in regard to transforming the space you have.