UPDATE: Beach Bar fire thought to be caused by electrical fault

27th February 2017

UPDATE: Beach Bar fire thought to be caused by electrical fault 

Firefighters were called to a fire at a nightclub on Waverley Street in Southport just before 11.20am on Saturday, February 25. Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called at 11.10am and crews were alerted at 11.12am.

They were on scene at 11.18am. Two fire engines attended the incident, which involved a fire on the ground floor of the property.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire. They then used a PPV fan to ventilate the area. No-one was injured.

The ground floor of the building was severely damaged by fire and smoke. Firefighters remained at the scene for around one hour and 30 minutes.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental due to an electrical fault.


Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321

Email ots@otsnews.co.uk

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Otsnews-Southport-1575528676012039/

Twitter  www.twitter.com/onthespot_news

Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News.

If you want your news read locally online then send it to ots@otsnews.co.uk – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience.