Tumble dryer fire in Southport

29th July 2017
ots-washing-machine-fire-scarisbrick-southport-onthespot-news_0

Tumble dryer fire in Southport

Firefighters were called to a tumble dryer fire at a property on Chambres Road in Southport at 11.57am on Wednesday, July 26.

Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called at 11.50am and crews were alerted at 11.52am. They were on scene at 11.57am.

Two fire engines attended the incident and crews used a CO2 extinguisher to put the fire out.

Subscribe to the OTS News weekly email roundup:

* indicates required

No-one was injured. A tumble dryer was damaged by fire and the basement area of the property sustained smoke damage.

Firefighters remained at the scene for around 25 minutes.