Traineeships At Southport College
Not got a college place or looking for a job and struggling? Southport College is starting a Traineeships course in November and is now accepting applications.
Traineeships can prepare you for your future career, helping you to get ready for the world of work and improving your chances of getting an Apprenticeship or other job. Southport College is working with local businesses to identify Traineeship opportunities for eligible students.
Weeks 1-3 of the Traineeship will consist of two days in college. Weeks 4-13 will consist of one day in college plus a minimum of two days in a work placement. The course includes work towards qualifications in English and maths plus:
- Careers guidance sessions
- Work experience
- CV writing
- Study in the career of your choice
At the end of the Traineeship you will be guaranteed a job interview and, where possible, an apprenticeship with your work placement provider.
Is a Traineeship for me?
You could be suitable for a Traineeship if you:
• are unemployed (or work less than 16 hours per week) and have little work experience.
• are motivated to work
• are aged 16 – 18 inclusive and are qualified below Level 3 OR are aged 19 – 23 inclusive and are qualified below full Level 2
A Traineeship is probably not right for you if you:
• already have the skills and experience needed to find an Apprenticeship or work
• are aged 24 plus (unless you are subject to Learning Difficulty Assessments and are aged 16 or over and under 25)
• are already in a job
To apply for a Traineeship or for more information please contact The Student Guidance Centre on 01704 392704 or visit Southport College’s Open Evening on Monday 6 October between 4.00pm and 7.30pm
Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137 Email firstname.lastname@example.org