Merseyside Police is working closely with Sefton Council and other partners to target the criminal and anti-social use of off-road bikes across Merseyside. If you are concerned that this behaviour is ruining the quality of your life and that of your community, report it!!
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 999 (if a crime is in action), call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
During last year’s operation alone, more than 170 stolen vehicles were seized and more than 120 arrests were made for offences ranging from no insurance, or licence, through to drink / drug driving and possession of drugs with intent to supply. Activity throughout the summer will include:
- Increased patrols in areas, including parks and other public land
- Enforcement of traffic law on the highway to restrict the activities of illegal riders on our roads
- Use of NPAS helicopter to act as an eye in the sky and monitor the movements of these bikes
- Use locally gathered intelligence to execute warrants where storage locations are identified
- Visits to petrol stations by officers and PCSOs
- Partnership work with Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service, Local Authorities (including City Watch CCTV) and housing authorities
Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321
Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News.
If you want your news read locally online then send it to email@example.com – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience.