On October 15th the college welcomed hundreds of prospective students and their parents to hear about this year’s record-breaking exam results, its well-earned reputation for helping students achieve their dreams, and to find out what it had to offer.
Principal Adele Wills said: “At KGV, our students are our number one priority, and providing them with a first class standard of education to help them realise their academic dreams and career goals is what motivates us.”
“This year’s record-breaking exam results speak for themselves, happy students succeed.”
Visitors had the opportunity to explore KGV’s multimillion-pound facilities on a student-led tour, chat to current staff and students, and even tuck in to a free hog roast in the college canteen supplied by the Crackling Pig, Southport.
KGV music technology students provided the soundtrack to the evening, with a live DJ set from Andrew Neophytou and Shaun Aspinall. Other highlights of the night included: world championship freestyle footballer and current KGV student Andrew Munday showcasing his skills in the sports department, creative media students transforming visitors with special effects make up and live performances from our drama and theatre studies department.
And it wasn’t only our great range of subjects and top facilities that were celebrated on the evening. Prospective students helped kick off KGV’s 94th Birthday celebrations by snapping a picture with (and of course sampling) our celebratory birthday cake.
This year our staff and students have achieved great successes, including:
– An A-Level pass rate of 100% in 40 different subjects
– Of all A-Level grades awarded to students nearly 55% were between A* and B grades
– More than half (53%) of our advanced BTEC students achieved the highest grade available – a triple distinction star
– Our overall A-Level pass rate is 99.3%, while the BTEC Diploma pass rate is 100%
– This year 122 students accepted places at prestigious Russell Group universities
– In the past three years 1,250 students have gone on to study at 110 universities across the UK and around the world.
KGV looks forward to welcoming more prospective students and parents to our second open evening on Thursday, November 20, between 5pm and 8pm.
Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321 Email email@example.com