RESULT Southport  0   AFC  Telford United 3

Southport FC suffered their second home defeat in a row as they were beaten 0-3 at Haig Avenue against AFC Telford.

New loan signing Godfrey Poku was in the Sandgrounders team after joining the club yesterday but he couldn’t make any difference as Southport suffered a disappointing defeat.
Liam Watson’s side have dropped to 20th place in the Blue Square Premier League table after this result as their disappointing start to the season continued.
Telford dominated the game from the start and they missed a great chance in the opening minutes when striker Steve Jones took the ball around keeper Tony McMillan but he sent the ball wide.
 The visiting team pressed forward and Steve Leslie was inches away from giving them the lead when he fired an 18 yard shot against the post.
 Jones put Telford ahead on 25 minutes when he slotted the ball home from close range after a cross in from the left by Leslie.
Jones nearly scored again for Telford but his shot from 20 yards out went just wide of the post.
Southport had half a chance before the half-time break when Chris Lynch headed the ball over from Shaun Whalley’s corner.
Telford came out for the second half and they went 2-0 up straight away when Port defender Simon Grand sent the ball past McMillan for an own goal.
 On 56 minutes the visiting team scored again when a corner from Leslie as headed home by Kieron St Amie.
Southport struggled going forward and they only had a shot from Tony Gray that was saved by keeper Ryan Young.
 01 McMillan, 02 Smith, 03 Lever, 05 Parry, 06 Grand (Chalmers – 71′ ), 17 Lynch, 07 Whalley, 12 Benjamin (Ledsham – 52′ ), 18 Tames (Bakare – 53′ ), 22 Poku, 10 Gray.
 Substitutes: 13 Nemes, 14 Barnes, 08 Ledsham, 15 Chalmers, 19 Bakare.
AFC Telford United
 01 Young, 02 Salmon, 03 Valentine, 11 Hubbins Booked (Brown – 81′ ), 14 Briscoe (Davies – 90′ ), 22 Rose, 07 Rooney, 08 Trainer, 16 St Aimie, 18 Leslie, 10 Jones (Taylor – 85′ ).
Substitutes: 25 Sharp, 06 Davies, 19 Taylor, 17 Spray, 21 Brown .
Referee C. Kavanagh.
Attendance 1,005.
Match report by ontheball.