Ricoh Women’s British Open 2014 Royal Birkdale Southport interview with ‘Azahara Munoz’ (VIDEO)
Day 2 of the Ricoh Women’s British Open interview with Azahara Munoz of Spain who is currently tied 8th on Day 2.
About Azahara Munoz
LPGA Tour Victories (1)
2012 Sybase Match Play Championship
LPGA Awards (1)
2011 Louise Suggs Rolex Rookie of the Year
The Solheim Cup (2)
2013 in a Nutshell:
• 26 events, 21 cuts made, $257,966 (31), 3 top-10 finishes
• Recorded season-best runner-up finish at the Sunrise LPGA Taiwan Championship
• Competed on her second European Solheim Cup Team with a 2-2-0 record
• 26 events, 22 cuts made, $1,230,751 (8), 9 top-10 finishes, 4 top-5 finishes
• Became a Rolex First-Time Winner at the 2012 Sybase Match Play Championship.
• She was the only Spaniard to finish in the top-20 in the Rolex Rankings, listed at 16th.
• Crossed the $1 million and $2 million mark in career earnings this year, after a T15 at the Kraft Nabisco Championship and T1 at the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia.
• Recorded three top-10 finishes including: a season-best tie for second at the Sunrise LPGA Taiwan Championship; third at the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia; and tied for eighth at the Wegmans LPGA Championship.
• Competed in her first European Solheim Cup Team with a 2-1-1 record.
• Became the first Spaniard to win the Louise Suggs Rolex Rookie of the Year
• Recorded a season-best tie for fourth finish at the Bell Micro LPGA Classic
• Tied for 10th at the Lorena Ochoa Invitational Presented by Banamex and Corona Light.
• Turned professional in September.
• Finished fifth at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament, where she earned Priority List Category 11 or the 2010 LPGA season
• Competed on the Ladies European Tour (LET), winning the Madrid Masers
• Finished T40 at the Kraft Nabisco Championship
• A member of the Spanish National Team, Munoz enjoyed a successful amateur career, winning the 2002 Spanish Amateur Championship and finishing runner-up at the 2008 U.S. Women’s Amateur Championship. In 2009, she won the British Women’s Amateur Championship. At Arizona State University, Munoz was the 2008 NCAA Individual National champion, and she led the Sun Devils to the Team National Championship in 2009. Munoz represented Europe at the PING Junior Solheim Cup in 2002, 2003, and 2005.
• Started playing golf at the age of 8
• Credits her father as the individual who influenced her career the most
• Hobbies include playing tennis, shopping and being with her friends.
• Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt.
Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137 Email email@example.com