Cllr Iain Brodie-Browne has been installed as the new Mayor of Sefton for 2016/17.
He was officially appointed as the new Mayor at a special meeting held at Southport Town Hall on May 17 and replaces outgoing Mayor, Stephen Kermode.
Cllr Brodie-Browne is the former Sefton Liberal Democrat leader, a Kew ward councillor from May 1984-87 and has represented Birkdale ward from May 2002 until present. He has also served on Cheshire County Council and Congleton Borough Council.
Cllr Iain Brodie-Browne
- He is married to Nicola, a schoolteacher, and they have 3 daughters
- Iain is the founder and CEO of Imagine Independence a mental health charity based in Liverpool which provides services in Merseyside, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Cumbria and four London Boroughs. He is a Trustee of the Mental Health Providers Forum a consortium of the leading mental health charities in England and Wales. He previously worked for MIND and Age Concern.
- His interest in Health and Social Care has also led him to serve on a Family Practitioners Committee and Health Authority. He has also served as a Churchwarden in Birkdale.
- In his spare time, Iain has an allotment in Birkdale and along with daughter Mollie has tasted success in the Ainsdale Show as their pumpkin won the ‘Best in Show’ prize.
- He supports Southport FC and is a regular at Haig Ave.
- Iain enjoys fell walking and has completed several long distance foot paths including The West Highland Way, Offa’s Dyke and Wainwright’s Coast to Coast path. He hopes to do part of the Pembrokeshire Coastal path this year.
- As befits a parent with two daughters who have studied English at University he also enjoys reading and the theatre.
Cllr Brodie-Browne said: “It is a real honour to be Mayor of Sefton.
“I am very much looking forward to the year ahead representing Sefton on a local, regional and national level as I believe this wonderful borough has so much to offer.
“I would like to thank the outgoing Mayor, Stephen Kermode, for all his efforts in this civic role and hope my term will be as busy and successful as his.”
Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321
Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News.
If you want your news read locally online then send it to email@example.com – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience.