UPDATE: Southport man arrested following Mere Brow shooting
OTSNews.co.uk can confirm that a 29-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the shooting on Wednesday 7th September 2016.
The man will be interviewed this morning. OTSNews.co.uk will keep you up to date as more information becomes available.
UPDATE: Man shot in Mere Brow Lane (near Southport)
Emergency services were called to an address in Mere Brow Lane to reports of a shooting last night (Wednesday 7 September).
A 42 year old man was taken to hospital. His condition is not thought to life threatening. Lancashire police officers remain at the scene.
West Lancashire Police are now investigating the incident.
A spokesperson for Lancs Constabulary said: “Shortly before 9pm last night (Wednesday, September 7) a report was received that a firearm had been discharged outside an address on Mere Brow Lane.
A 42 year old man sustained injuries which are believed not to be life threatening, and was taken to Southport Hospital for treatment.
Supt Karen Edwards from South Division said: “We would like to reassure residents that this is an isolated incident, and we do not believe there to be any wider threat to the public. Enquiries are on-going to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident, and patrols will be in the area providing reassurance to the local community.”
Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321
Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News.
If you want your news read locally online then send it to email@example.com – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience.