Highways England has released details of forthcoming overnight junction and carriageway closures as it works to deliver the £192 million Knutsford to Bowdon link road between the M6 and M56.
Details of Monday to Friday, overnight – 9pm to 5am – road works for the project up to Christmas have been released today (Friday 4 November). The work includes the extension of nightly closures of the roundabout at junction 19 of the M6 at Knutsford up to Friday 23 December. In detail the road works include:
- Closure of the M6 junction 19 roundabout at Knutsford and the northbound and southbound A556 between the roundabout and Mere crossroads until Friday 23 December.
- Closure of the northbound A556 from Bucklow Hill to Bowdon on Wednesday 9, Thursday 10 and Friday 11 November for erection of a new electronic messaging sign
- Closure of the M56 Junction 8 entry slip road and junction 7 westbound exit slip road closed from Monday 14 November until Friday 23 December.
- Closure of the southbound A556 from Bowdon roundabout to Bucklow Hill from Monday 14 November until Friday 23 December.
- Continued round-the-clock closure of M56 junction 7 eastbound exit slip road until later this month or early December – but a series of junction 7 overnight eastbound entry slip road closures to be completed by 5am on Saturday 12 November
Daytime off-peak traffic lights will also be place along the A50 from Monday 7 November until Friday 18 November. The closure of Chapel Lane for road realignment works will continue into January.
Drivers are being reminded that schedules can be affected by bad weather. Closures of the M56 junction 7 westbound exit slip road, southbound A556 and M6 junction 19 roundabout, will be delayed until 3 hours after the final whistle of Manchester United and Manchester City week night home matches.
Anyone looking for road works information (such as overnight carriageway closures) for individual schemes should now visit www.trafficengland.com. A dedicated web page for this project is available at: http://roads.highways.gov.uk/projects/a556-knutsford-to-bowdon-improvement/. A scheme Facebook site is also available at: https://www.facebook.com/a556knutsfordtobowdon/
Construction of the new A556 link road, between the M56 and the M6, started in November 2014 and is due for completion in spring next year. The scheme is part of a £15 billion government investment in motorways and major A roads by 2021 which is being delivered by Highways England as part of the Northern Powerhouse initiative.
Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321
Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News.
If you want your news read locally online then send it to email@example.com – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience.