Junior Tickets – Terms and Conditions (Kids Go Free)
- Children under 16 years of age on 15 July 2017 cannot attend The Open unless accompanied by a responsible adult who holds a valid course admission ticket (Adult or Youth (16-24 years)). Children under 16 years of age on the above date are eligible for “Kids Go Free” Junior tickets which are available either on a pre-booked basis or at the pay gate in accordance with the following:
- Applications for pre-booked Junior tickets must be submitted by a responsible adult who holds a valid course admission ticket (Adult or Youth (16-24 years)) and who will accompany the Junior while in attendance at The Open Championship (“The Open”).
- Applications must be submitted prior to The Open (before 23 June 2017) by applying in writing to: The Open Ticket Office, The R&A, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9JD. The application should be accompanied by a suitable form of age identification (e.g. letter from school or golf club) for each child applying for a “Kids Go Free” Junior ticket. Please state which day(s) the Junior(s) wishes to attend and the number of tickets required.
- A Junior who arrives at the pay gate without a pre-booked “Kids Go Free” Junior ticket, but who is accompanied by a responsible adult who holds a valid course admission ticket (Adult or Youth (16-24 years), will be admitted free of charge on the day and will be given the appropriate ticket at the pay gate.
- Where you are the responsible adult accompanying a Junior for the purposes of that child obtaining a “Kids Go Free” Junior ticket, you are responsible for the supervision of that child during the event and for ensuring that they comply with the terms and conditions that apply to your ticket.