Southport College was inspected by Ofsted during a two day visit from 27-28 April and found to be a ‘Good’ college.
Inspectors spent two days at the College observing lessons, meeting with college students & staff and examining learner data to reach their conclusion. The grading of ‘Good’ places the college amongst the top institutions in Merseyside with only a handful of Further Education colleges holding this accolade.
The positive Inspection Report noted that:
• Leaders, managers and staff have continued to provide a consistently good quality of education and training for learners and apprentices.
• Learners and apprentices enjoy their time at college. The large majority of learners achieve their qualifications and progress to further study, employment or apprenticeships.
• Leaders, managers and governors have successfully strengthened the arrangements for improving and monitoring the quality of teaching, learning and assessment with highly effective continuing professional development.
• Learners with high needs are well supported, develop good independence skills and most progress to higher level programmes.
• The College responds quickly and decisively to meeting priorities such as local, regional and national skills shortages.
• The vast majority of learners participate in good-quality, meaningful external work experience and work-related activity which help them to prepare for their next steps in education, employment or apprenticeships.
John Clarke, Principal of Southport College said “‘I am extremely pleased with the outcome of this inspection by Ofsted which confirms that Southport College is one of the strongest colleges in the region. Our next open evening takes place on Monday 6 June and if you are considering studying a course in September we would be delighted to welcome you at the event. ”
John Fell, Chair of Governors added “ It’s very satisfying that the hard work of students, staff and governors has been recognised and that we are well on the way to achieving our goal of being recognised as an ‘outstanding’ college.’”
The full inspection report is available to view at http://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/provider/files/2570350/urn/130491.pdf
Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321
Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News.
If you want your news read locally online then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience.