Photo: Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School, Southport
Sefton has produced a primary schools admissions information booklet to give you all the information about Primary Education in Sefton and to support parents/carers in choosing a primary school. We hope you find it helpful, particularly if your child is about to start school for the first time in September 2016.
Primary School Application Process
Apply for up to three primary schools that you want in order of preference (we recommend that you apply for three schools).
If you live in Sefton and want to apply for a place at a school in another Local Authority you must still apply to Sefton for that place. If you live outside Sefton and want to apply for a Sefton School you must apply to your own Local Authority for that place.
To help make this decision you should:
- Read the information and application process in Section 1 of the Admissions Information Booklet for Parents and Carers
- Find the schools in your area by looking at Section 2 of the Admissions Information Booklet for Parents and Carers
- Read the admissions criteria for Community and Voluntary Controlled schools contained in Section 2 of the Admissions Information Booklet.
- If you are considering applying for a Voluntary Aided school please refer to the admission arrangements listed for each individual school in Section 2 of the Admissions Information Booklet.
- Consider the numbers of successful applications in each criterion provided for the previous year to help inform your choices.
- Arrange to visit schools.
- Look at other sources of information.
- Consider the Home to School Transport Policy – Section 3 of the Admissions Information Booklet for Parents and Carers
Submit your application by 15 January 2016.
You should apply online.
Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321
Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News.
If you want your news read locally online then send it to email@example.com – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience.