Hundreds of Southport kitchens declared a fire risk

22nd October 2017
flat fire southport

Hundreds of homes in Southport are unknowingly using unsafe appliances.

In the town centre alone there are over 200 cookers, fires and boilers were found to be unsafe.

Cadent, which runs the gas distribution network across the UK, is hoping to raise awareness of the potentially life–threatening problems this can cause by directing people to the Gas Safe Register website where postcode area analysis shows just how many unsafe appliances have been found.

Unsafe appliances could lead to leaks,incidents of carbon monoxide poisoning or even fires and explosions.