The Parish Council Planning Committtee at their October Meeting Resolved to object to the proposed development of two wind turbines on land at Shore Road Hesketh Bank. Over twenty residents were present at the meeting with a large majority objecting to the proposal. The full text of the objection is detailed below:-
1. The Council are of the opinion that the proposal would have detrimental effect on the locality generally, and on amenities that ought, in the public interest, to be protected contrary to the provisions contained at paragraph 39 in the ODPM Companion Guide to PPS 22.
2. The Council are of the opinion that as the proposed development is within a few metres of a registered Bridle Way (Number 53) it presents a significant danger to horses and riders. It is also noted that contrary to paragraph 56 of the ODPM Companion Guide to PPS 22, the applicant has apparently failed to formally consult with the British Horse Society who recommend a minimum distance between a Bridle Way and a wind turbine of 200 metres.
3. The Council note that the proposed development would have a total electrical output of 1,225 Mwh which is clearly an industrial installation and inappropriate within the Green Belt.
We also note with some concern that many residents (especially to the west of the proposed site) had not been consulted. The Council believe that such a physically large proposed development which would be visible on this flat land over a great distance, should involve consultation over a similarly large area; we would respectfully recommend that “Natural England” is also consulted.
The Council were also concerned that the application did not fully convey the impact of the proposed development in that:-
1. The location map was of poor quality and did not accurately locate the proposed turbines.
2. The Photomontage did not give an adequate picture of the proposal as no comparative images were included.
3. There is a failure to refer to the adjacent Bridleway in the Design and Access Statement.
Source Hesketh with Becconsall Parish Council
Onthespot – your online reporter www.onthespotnews.co.uk
Do you have a story to tell? Please text or phone 07930717137 or email email@example.com
Follow OTS (Onthespot) on Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news