Have a fun science weekend at WWT Martin Mere
Become a mad scientist at WWT Martin Mere Wetland Centre by discovering, exploring and dissecting at our family fun event on Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 June: Science is Fun weekend.
The event includes the following activities:
- Watch owlet feeding demonstrations – free
- Explore the sky through solar scopes with Liverpool Astronomical Society – free
- Get up close and personal to a range of retiles (Sunday) – free
- Take part in mad science demonstrations (Saturday) – free
- See elegant birds of prey – free
- Find mini-beasts in the pond dipping and bug hunt activities – free
- Entertain toddlers with story time – free
- Take part in the telescope treasure trail – free
- Discover the canoe safari, boat tours and family crafts – small charge
Normal admission process apply for the event. Log onto www.wwt.org.uk/martinmere for further event information.
WWT Martin Mere is open every day from 9.30am to 5.30pm and parking is free of charge. Situated off the A59, it is signposted from the M61, M58 and M6. The Centre is also accessible via the Southport to Manchester and the Liverpool to Preston line by train from Burscough Rail Stations. Visit the web site http://www.wwt.org.uk/martinmere to find out what’s on all year round at Martin Mere and the other eight centres.
Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137 Email email@example.com Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News. If you want your news read locally online then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience. Onthespot – your online reporter www.onthespotnews.co.uk Do you have a story to tell?