Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a house on Larkhill Lane in Formby around 4pm on Sunday, February 14.
Fire engines from Formby Community Fire Station, Bootle and Netherton Community Fire Station and Crosby Community Fire Station attended the scene.
Firefighters found the fire, which originated in a pan of food on an electric hob, to be out on arrival.
They assessed the oxygen levels of a 93-year-old woman who had inhaled a small amount of smoke. They were found to be within an acceptable limit.
Crews also applied a pulse monitor.
The woman was passed in to the care of paramedics, who also attended the incident.
Firefighters ventilated the property and remained at the scene for around half an hour.
The contents of the pan was severely damaged by fire and the remainder of the house was moderately damaged by smoke.
Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321
Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News.
If you want your news read locally online then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience.