Festive Fun at WWT Martin Mere Wetland Centre
With Christmas holidays already creeping up on us we have loads of activities going on at WWT Martin Mere for the whole family to enjoy.
The fun starts from Monday 22 December to Sunday 4January. Visiting Martin mere is a great winter day out with lots to see and do, from experiencing our everyday wildlife to getting involved in festive family activities.
We have a range of activities to keep everyone entertained:
- Take part in our sleeping beauties hibernation trail to learn about all the creatures and plants that will be fast asleep for winter
- Come and see our family of otters out and about. We have just had three new arrivals to the family. Three baby girls who we have named, Penny, Belle and Flick.
- Our new adventure play area is open all for children guaranteed fun.
- Our spectacular swan feeds are a must see. We are expected to have over 1000 swans this is something you must experience as the sound and sight of them are truly amazing! The swan feeds are everyday at 3 and 3.30pm.
- Between 1pm and 4pm you can come take part in our family fun filled crafts in the Education Centre including making pine cone feeders and log feeders. Small charge applies
- There’s also the new wetland wildlife exhibit ‘WOW: is it Weird or Wonderful?’
WWT Martin Mere Wetland Centre is a haven for a host of creatures such as otters, beavers, kingfishers, geese and swans. Watch birds from the shelter of our comfortable hides, enjoy an expert walk or talk, or simply watch the world go by in our cafe overlooking our waterfowl collection – there’s plenty to do at a Wetland Centre all year round.
WWT Martin Mere Wetland Centre is open every day (except Christmas Day) from 9.30am to 4.30pm during winter months and parking is free of charge. Situated off the A59, it is signposted from the M61, M58 and M6. The Centre is also accessible via the Southport to Manchester and the Liverpool to Preston line by train from Burscough Rail Stations.
Visit the web site http://www.wwt.org.uk/martinmere/ to find out what’s on all year round at Martin Mere and the other eight WWT Wetland Centres.
Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321 or 07930717137
Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org