Fairy light fire warning after family home gutted by blaze

A family from Tarleton are issuing a drastic warning to homeowners across West Lancashire and Southport after their home was all but burnt to the ground in a Christmas light sparked fire.

The blaze, which ripped through the family home of a Tarleton family on Sunday evening (December 13th) was caused by an electrical fire which is understood to have started due to faulty fairy lights erected for the holiday period.

An astonishing eight fire crews from Lancashire Fire & Rescue were called and 25 firemen were needed to fight the blaze.

Now the family involved in the tragedy have issued a plea to others not to leave their fairy lights on when out of the house.

They said “please remember to turn off all fairy lights when you leave the house and at night as they may cause an electrical fire.

“We are all safe and sound but it has been an horrendous experience for us all.

“We have lost everything.”