J.Antrobus & Son Ltd Joinery & Building Contractors is an established local firm, based in Southport, offering general building services throughout the Southport, Merseyside and Preston areas.
We’re dedicated to providing a quality service using quality products for our customers, and we specialise in replacement windows, conservatories and doors.
We are well known in Southport for supplying and installing Spectus double glazing systems.
We use Spectus because we believe they offer fantastic quality, great looks and a high energy rating (Band A).
All windows are designed, manufactured and installed specifically for your property, to your own finish.
Combined with high performance double glazed or triple glazed window units and weatherproof seals, the complete product will provide you with a thermal efficient solution and unbeatable protection against adverse weather conditions.
Sound insulation comes as standard, but if you need additional sound protection, specialist higher performing acoustic glazing can be specified. If you’re finding your family is growing fast and needing more space, but you don’t want to move – why not think about a loft conversion? Loft conversions can provide an extra bedroom with en-suite bathroom, a study, a studio for a budding artist or musician – let us come and survey your property and advise you on the possibility of loft conversions for your home.
Call J.Antrobus & Son Ltd today to get advice on double glazing or loft conversions from a friendly professional.
Send an email, if you prefer, and we’ll get right back to you with the information you need.
You’ll be delighted with the service, quality and value when you use the professional builders at J.Antrobus & Son Ltd.
Building Services and Roofline Products
John Antrobus & Son Limited is a family building firm, based in Southport, and offering a range of building services to a high standard. We specialise in PVC-u windows and roofline products. Contact us when you need to renew or replace:
Rainwater GoodsGutteringDrainpipesFasciasSoffitsBarge BoardsCladdingCapping BoardsHouse Extensions in Preston
Do you need a bigger kitchen?
More space for hobbies?
A safe place for the kids to play?
Or extra self-contained accommodation for a dependent family member?
Consider a house extension before you think of moving to find the extra space. There are plenty of advantages – your children get to stay in the same schools, you stay near your friends, and the cost and disruption to your family life is much less than if you move.
Give us a call and we’ll be glad to advise you on one or two storey house extensions, loft conversions and garage conversions.
You’ll be amazed at the extra space that’s in your home you just haven’t tapped into yet!
House Rewires We have skilled and qualified tradesmen here at J.Antrobus & Son Ltd Electricians for house rewires, joiners for windows and doors, carpenters for roof work – whatever you need, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Get in Touch If you want to know more about any of our building services, house extensions PVC- u products, don’t hesitate to get in touch. Send us an email, or give us a call today.
We’ll be happy to advise you on your building requirements, and you’ll be delighted with the service, value and quality or workmanship.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Phone Southport (01704) 233664
Mobile 07802 630 560
FAX 01704 380661
Email Us email@example.com
39A Old Park Lane, Southport, PR9 7BQ
Ltd Company Details:
John Antrobus & Son Limited, 11 Canning Road, Southport, Merseyside, PR9 7SS
Company No. 06011813
JK Plastering (Southport)
Experts in all aspects of plastering throughout Southport and the North West.
JK Plastering has been established in Southport with over 10 years of experience.
Please visit our facebook page by clicking the link below.
The Concrete Company Southport Mini-Mix
Welcome to THE CONCRETE COMPANY including MINI-MIX
We specialise in delivery of Ready Mix Concrete in and around the West Lancashire and Merseyside areas.
THE CONCRETE COMPANY has over 20 years experience in the trade and in that time we have continued to build our reputation for providing a reliable concrete service.
We have been supplying commercial, trade and domestic clients for many years; and we offer a ‘Same Day Service’ meaning that if you need it now, then you get it.
Our company believe that our concrete service is professional, friendly and reliable, offer high levels of customer service and our prices are highly competitive no matter how large or small your order.
If you have any questions or queries please feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help.
• Foundations • Driveways • Flooring • Bases • Patios • Paths • Garages • Roads • Car parks • Motorways
• Small or Large Loads • Ideal for Trade or DIY • Quality Assured • Timed Deliveries • Collection Service • Pumping Service Available • Competitive Prices • Reliable Service • Friendly Helpful Drivers • Load Sizes from 0.25 Cubed Metres to 8 cubed Metres • Free Technical Advice • Trucks in your area EVERY DAY • Collect Concrete & Barrowing service available
100% Top Quality Aggregates & OPC Cement.
THE CONCRETE COMPANY: CONCRETE PUMPING SERVICE AVAILABLE ~ COLLECT CONCRETE & BARROWING SERVICE AVAILABLE BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT……
1. Measuring Up To help you measure up for your requirements, here is a handy calculator. Or just call and give us the measurements and we will tell you how much concrete you need.
2. Handling Minimise manual handling of concrete by ensuring the truck mixer is as close to its final location as possible. The less you move it the better.
Start pouring concrete in a corner and work away from it.
Use the correct tools, such as a square nose shovel or concrete rake. Using the wrong tools can cause segregation.
3. Health & Safety Guidelines When placing concrete, full length shirts and trousers should be worn, along with rubber boots and gloves and eye protection should be available in cases of splashes.
Cement can cause skin irritation and burns. The combination of wetness, alkalinity and abrasiveness of the mix may cause irritant contact dermatitis.
In some people, sensitive to chromium compounds, they may experience allergic contact dermatitis.
Wash skin immediately on contact and remove wet clothing as soon as possible.
If using a conveyor truck: * Keep your distance from the conveyor, as movement of the conveyor can happen when they are under load * Remember, truck mixers when loaded can weigh in excess of 15 tonnes. Be aware of this when working near footpaths, kerbs, lawns or drains and manholes etc.
4. Getting the mix right Adding water: * Reduces the compressive strength of the concrete * Increases the potential for shrinkage and cracking * Increases the possibility of segregation * Increases the potential for future problems with the surf ace finish
If the mix is too stiff, ask before adding water.
If you require a mix which is easier to handle, helps you produce a good all round finish and cuts down on the labour required to lay the concrete, let us know, and we will suggest the correct mix from our existing mix selection or design one for you.
5. Compaction Compaction ensures the optimum density of the mix is achieved, increasing compressive strength. Where reinforcing is used, the bond between concrete and redistribution bar is improved. Permeability of the concrete decreases, decreasing cold joints, honeycombing entrapped air and segregation.
6. Controlled Contraction Joints Movement of the concrete slab caused by changes in temperature and drying shrinkage, can be minimized by the introduction of controlled contraction joints.
Contraction joints create weakened sections in the slab to help control crack locations.
Joints are neater in appearance, can be sealed if required and require less maintenance than uncontrolled cracks.
Jointing should be planned with large floor slabs divided into smaller rectangular sections. Avoid sharp angles and be aware of changes in thickness of the slab.
Jointing should take place as a minimum every 3 to 4 times in metres, the thickness of the slab in millimetres eg.100 millimetre thick slab should be jointed every 3 to 4 metres. Joints should be cut to a minimum of a quarter of the slab thickness eg.100 millimetre thick slab, a joint of 25 millimetres deep should be cut.
7. Using the Correct Tools
Edgers Used to produce a clean surface edge that is less likely to chip.
Groovers Used to cut joints to a depth of at least one quarter the slab thickness, helping to control crack location due to contraction caused by temperature changes and drying shrinkage.
Floats Used to bring mortar to the surface for further trowelling and helps remove imperfections in the slab finish.
Trowels Used to produce a hard, dense surface finish.
8. Weather Conditions Hot and windy weather: * Slump loss will increase making concrete difficult to handle * The concrete set will accelerate, decreasing handling time * A reduction in strength may occur if water is added to the mix to offset slump reduction * Shrinking and cracking may follow
What can I do? * Contact us. By using a water replacement or retarding admixture, we may be able to help * Shade the concrete from direct sunlight and protect with wind breakers * Apply curing techniques immediately after finishing
Cold weather: * Increases concrete set time * Retards concrete stiffening * Slows down concrete strength gain * Damage concrete due to freeze thaw during construction or service
What can I do? * Contact us, by increasing cement contents, using a different cement or adding an accelerating admixture, we may be able to help * Keep the concrete at a temperature above 10 degrees centigrade by insulating or heating * Protect the concrete with wind breakers * Try not to lay concrete in temperatures below 5 degrees centigrade
9. Curing Concrete Curing concrete enables it to reach its designed compressive strength, making the material more durable. To cure correctly, concrete requires sufficient moisture content, a favourable temperature between 10 to 20 degrees centigrade, and time to reach its specified strength (a minimum of 7 days to reach 70%).
Methods of curing: * Sprinkling or fog spraying. Keeping the surface continuously damp. (Alternate wetting and drying can cause cracking) * Covering the concrete with wet hessian, straw, sawdust or sand. (Avoid materials that may cause discolour in the concrete) * Covering the concrete with plastic sheeting. (White in hot weather, black in cold weather) * Use curing compounds. (avoid using if the surface is to be painted or any other surface cover)
THE CONCRETE COMPANY: CONCRETE PUMPING SERVICE AVAILABLE ~
COLLECT CONCRETE & BARROWING SERVICE AVAILABLE BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT
CASH ON DELIVERY or ACCOUNT PAYMENTS
Southport Mini-Mix Tel: 01704 506070 Fax: 01704 896840
The Concrete Company Tel: 01704 896800 Fax: 01704 896840