A Stagecoach X2 bus in Southport caused traffic problems after engine fire.
Passengers had to be hurried off Stagecoach X2 bus after its engine caught fire on Lord Street West, Southport, at about 2:20pm this afternoon (Monday 4th August 2014).
The X2 Stagecoach service engine caught fire with flames reaching the upstairs rear window as it was approaching Southport town centre.
The driver evacuated the passengers who were left on the pavement in shock.
The fire stopped after its engine was switched off leaving clouds of smoke covering the road and nearby houses.
The bus was still blocking the busy road over half an hour later.
There were no injuries involved
A Stagecoach spokesman was not available to comment on the incident.
Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137 Email firstname.lastname@example.org