A yellow weather warning has been issued ahead of significant winds due on Saturday.
The Met Office says: “Winds will increase in the west during Saturday morning then across other areas through the afternoon.
Gusts of 45 to 55 mph are likely quite widely, with 60-70 mph possible along Irish Sea coasts. Winds then easing slowly from the west through the evening.”
What to Expect
- Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport are likely
- Probably some bus and train services affected, with some journeys taking longer
- Some short term loss of power and other services is possible
- It’s possible that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities will be affected by spray and/or large waves
- Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely