Woman rescued from Southport blaze after cooking whilst intoxicated

ots-merseyside fire and rescue service logo 640 southport ots news onthespot_0

A woman suffered smoke inhalation after escaping her burning flat this morning.

The 29-year-old was woken by her smoke alarm after a pan of food left on the cooker caught fire.

ots-fire kitchen faulkner close ainsdale southport ots onthespot ots otsnews.co.uk_0

Her escape led Merseyside Fire and Rescue officials to issue a warning about the dangers of cooking after alcohol consumption.

Crews from Southport and Formby attended the flat on Churchill Avenue, Southport, at 5.17am.

A spokesperson for the force said: “The female occupant, aged 29, was alerted by her smoke alarm to the fire which involved a pan of food which had been left on the cooker. The Watch Manager from Southport stated that this showed the danger of cooking after drinking alcohol as the female had fallen asleep leaving the pan ignited.

“Fortunately on this occasion working smoke alarms alerted the occupier who was able to safely leave the property. Fire crews worked well to contain the fire at an early stage. The female suffered slight smoke inhalation and was assessed at the scene by ambulance crew.”

The fire caused smoke damage to the woman’s kitchen.

Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137 Email [email protected]

Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Facebook www.facebook.com/otsnews.co.uk



OTS News