Stay Fire Safe If Dressing Up On Halloween October 27th, 2015 Connor_Henderson Latest News Shares Comments People in Merseyside are urged to take extra care with their fire safety when dressing up for Halloween. Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service is advising people to ensure they stay away from naked flames such as candles, fires, lighters and matches while wearing fancy dress. Parents are especially urged to ensure children wearing Halloween costumes are kept well away from naked flames. People are urged to use LED battery operated tea lights, which do not have a flame, as opposed to normal tea lights and candles. Watch Manager Ian Mullen said: “Halloween costumes and fancy dress costumes as well as other clothing should be kept well away from naked flames. “Loose clothing can very easily catch fire. At this time of year more people may be using candles for pumpkins and while enjoying the festivities they may also forget to take extra care around open fires. “Halloween costumes and also decorations should be kept well away from sources of heat as they can easily catch fire. “Children should never be left alone with candles and if using an open fire people are advised to use a fire guard. “People should also ensure candles are properly extinguished when leaving the room and before going to bed.” For free fire safety advice call 0800 731 5958 or visit the website www.merseyfire.gov.uk. Corporate Communications Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321 Email [email protected] Facebook www.facebook.com/otsnews.co.uk Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News. If you want your news read locally online then send it to [email protected]– relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience. Related Comments comments!