Southport Residents Suffer Smoke Inhalation January 28th, 2013 admin Latest News Shares Comments Southport Residents Suffer Smoke Inhalation Firefighters gave oxygen to three people and extinguished a fire at a house in Crossens. Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called out to a fire in the living room of a house near Rufford Road at 6.50pm. Firefighters gave oxygen to a 34-year-old man, a 39-year-old woman and a 19-year-old man. They were given a precautionary check-up at the scene and did not require hospital treatment. Watch Manager Nick McCormack, who is with White Watch at Southport Community Fire Station and attended the call-out, said: “The occupiers were attempting to dry out damp wood next to the wood burning stove and had left the property. We advise that people do not dry out combustibles next to naked flames or heat and people do not leave stove fires unattended at any time. “Safety advice was given to the occupiers. A quantity of fire wood and a TV were severely damaged by fire. “There was also smoke damage to the property including fixtures and fitting, which ruined items. All your valuable and personal possessions can be destroyed by the smoke as well as fire.” Two appliances from Southport Communit6y Fire Station attended the call-out. Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137 Email [email protected] Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News. If you want your news read locally online then send it to [email protected] – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience. Onthespot – your online reporter www.onthespotnews.co.uk Do you have a story to tell? Call OTS www.callots.co.uk Please text or phone 07930717137 or email [email protected] Follow OTS (Onthespot) on Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Related Comments comments!