Southport parents warned about blind cord strangulation risk April 30th, 2013 admin Latest News Shares Comments Window blind cords pose a particular risk of accidental strangulation for young children, doctors have warned. Children between the ages of 16 and 36 months seem particularly vulnerable, they say. The warning comes after a 22 month old boy who was brought into a A&E department. He had been found hanging on the pull chain of a window blind cord. His mother found him blue and not breathing after leaving him with his sister in a bedroom for a few minutes. He had clear strangulation marks on his neck and extensive skin mottling (petechiae) on his face. After an overnight stay in hospital he was discharged, but doctors warn that not every child in this situation is so lucky. Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137 Email [email protected] Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News. If you want your news read locally online then send it to [email protected] – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience. Onthespot – your online reporter www.onthespotnews.co.uk Do you have a story to tell? Please text or phone 07930717137 or email [email protected] Follow OTS (Onthespot) on Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Related Comments comments!