Southport KFC ban U18s from the restaurant without an adult March 2nd, 2016 jmr jmr Latest News Latest Uncategorized Shares Comments Photo: Police called to a disturbance at the Eastbank Street KFC in 2015 KFC on Eastbank Street Southport has banned U18s from eating in their restaurant without adult supervision. A KFC spokesperson said: “Only about 3% of our 890 restaurants have taken this step. “This is not a blanket policy and has only been put in place when our restaurant managers feel they’re left with no other option to protect our employees, many of who are teenagers and youths themselves, from threatening or violent behaviour.” The spokesperson added the decision to ban U18s was not a decision the KFC head office would make, it is up to the manager of the store if he or she sees fit to implement the policy at their KFC restaurants. This news comes after only last week – Vandals ordered to disperse from Southport town centre after reign of terror Vandals ordered to disperse after reign of terror Merseyside Police are desperately trying to crack down on a group of 40 or more vandals who have plagued Southport Town Centre in recent weeks. A dispersal order has now been put into effect between Saturday February 27 and Sunday February 28 in an attempt to cut down on the high levels of anti social behaviour which has been rife throughout Southport Town Centre in recent weeks. Now Merseyside Police are promising to crack down on the issue with a temporary dispersal order, meaning increased powers to break up congregations of youngsters even if they do not appear to be causing any issues. Anyone gathering in large groups between Lord Street, Talbot Street and London Street will be broken up by police or PCSOs. Southport Neighbourhood Inspector Graham Fisher said: “We have had a significant increase in anti-social behaviour in the town centre. In particular, evenings around the Eastbank Street and Lord Street areas. “Over the last couple of weeks we have experienced groups of 30 to 40 intimidating business owners, staff and local residents. “As a result I have proposed to issue a 48 hour dispersal zone over the weekend. There will be an increased police presence in the area and we are working with local businesses and the Council to identify offenders and take the appropriate action. “These measures are not designed to have a negative impact upon decent, well behaved people in Southport Town centre but rather to address the unacceptable behaviour of a small minority. “These issues will be closely monitored and further dispersals will be authorised if need be.“ Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321 Email email@example.com Facebook www.facebook.com/otsnews.co.uk Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News. If you want your news read locally online then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience. Related Comments comments!