Sahara Takeaway almost destroyed by fire November 7th, 2016 jmr jmr Latest News Shares Comments FIRE Crews are tonight at the scene of a blaze at Sahara Takeaway on Manchester Road (Monday November 7) updated: Firefighters were called to a fire at a food outlet on Manchester Road in Southport just before 9pm on Monday, November 7. Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called at 8.54pm and crews were alerted at 8.55pm. They were on scene at 8.57pm. Three fire engines attended the incident, which involved a chip fryer on the ground floor of the property. Crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire. They then ventilated the property, Firefighters searched the premises and found all persons accounted for. A chip fryer was entirely damaged by fire and the ground floor of the property sustained partial fire damage. A flat above the property was slightly damaged by smoke. No-one was injured. Firefighters remained at the scene for around one hour. Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321 Email email@example.com Facebook www.facebook.com/Otsnews-Southport-1575528676012039/ Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News. If you want your news read locally online then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience. Related Comments comments!