Result: Bootle 3-1 Glossop North End Match Report Tuesday 8th April

ots-BOOTLE FC southport ots onthespot ots
Bootle produced a magnificent performance to end Glossop 22 game unbeaten run with a stunning 3-1 victory.Despite the Bucks producing one of their best performances of the season, it was Glossop who took the lead inside the opening 20 minutes.

Kyle Riley put Sam Hare’s free kick back into the box. Riley’s ball found the head of Lincoln Adams, whose header was blocked on the line by Bucks keeper Dean Porter. However, Alexander Byrne was on-hand to poke to the rebound home.

The goal woke the Bucks, who began to play some neat football. Billy Smart had the chance to bring the Bucks level, but his overhead kick went just over the cross bar.

However, the Bucks were soon rewarded with a deserved equaliser on the stroke of half time. Chris Lowe’s long ball caused hesitation in the Glossop defence, allowing Tom Peterson to play in strike partner Daniel O’Connor, whose first time finish found the bottom corner.

The Bucks began the second half in explosive fashion. First Billy Smart fired just over from 30 yards out. Before the Bucks were handed a golden chance to take the lead.

Lincoln Adams tripped Daniel O’Connor inside the Glossop box – leaving the referee no option but to point to the spot.

Tom Peterson stepped up and found the bottom corner to give the Bucks the lead.

The goal drove the Bucks on, who began to create chance after chance and play some of the best football they’ve played all season.

First Ste Ferrighan saw his shot well saved by Glossop goalkeeper Greg Hall, after the right back was found by Sam Wilkie’s fantastic through ball.

New recruit Steve Williams came within an inch of scoring on his debut and adding to Bootle’s tally. Daniel O’Connor found Billy Smart who ghosted past Ben Richardson, before his cross just evaded Williams’ out stretched leg at the back post.

The Bucks kept pressing for their third goal, with Glossop’s attack causing little problems for the Bootle back line.

Daniel O’Connor then drove at the Glossop defence before unleashing a magnificent right-footed shot, from 35 yards, which rattled off the post. Had O’Connor’s shot gone in it would have been a goal of the season contender.

However, with 7 minutes remaining the Bucks wrapped the game up in style. Man of the match Billy Smart found Sam Wilkie on the right-hand- side. Wilkie then drove into the Glossop box. Before his cross-found, the unmarked Smart who finish found the roof of the net, to give the Bucks a well-deserved third goal.

The Bucks had further chance to add to their tally. Steve Williams went clean through on goal but for a poor first touch allowed Hall to pounce on the ball. Before the exceptional, Billy Smart once again drove at the Glossop defence, but his shot came back off the post.

The missed chances weren’t to matter as the Bucks saw the game out comfortably to claim a magnificent victory and end Glossop’s 22 game unbeaten run.

The victory was a well-deserved one for the Bucks, who produced one of their best performances of the season. Especially in the second half where the Bucks played some of the best football you will see at any level.

Next up for the Bucks is an away trip to Wigan Robin Park on Tuesday, with manager Joe Doranhoping his side can pick up were they left off.

Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137 Email [email protected]




OTS News