Properties Visited In Ainsdale To Highlight Fire Safety And The Importance Of Smoke Alarms Following Fire In Kitchen January 6th, 2015 jmr jmr Latest News Shares Comments Tuesday, 06 January 2015 Near Liverpool Road, Ainsdale. Properties were visited in Ainsdale after a fire in the kitchen of a house. Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called at 9.46pm on December 31 to near Liverpool Road, Ainsdale. Two women were treated for suspected smoke inhalation by paramedics at the scene. Both were taken to Southport and Formby District General Hospital for precautionary checks. The fire involved an electric cooker and the fire was out when firefighters arrived. A fire appliance from Formby Community Fire Station and two from Southport Community Fire Station attended the call-out. Watch Manager Ian Nelson, who attended the call-out with White Watch firefighters from Southport Community Fire Station, said: “Two firefighters from Formby Community Fire Station rapidly deployed into the property to make sure the fire was out and firefighters ventilated the kitchen to clear smoke. “There were no working smoke alarms at this property. Smoke alarms can give the vital early warning of a fire and we urge people to have working smoke alarms on each level of their home. “We urge people never to re-enter a property if there is a fire, even if there are pets inside the building. A few breaths of toxic smoke from fires can make you unconscious. “If you do have large dogs, or pets that may jump up or near counter tops, please make sure that cookers are switched off on the master red switch on the wall to reduce the risk of any fires occurring.” Around 10% of the kitchen was severely damaged by fire. There was also smoke damage to the ground floor of the property. Firefighters carried out a Home Fire Safety Check at the property and fitted smoke alarms. Firefighters had left the scene by 11.17pm. Firefighters also visited nine properties in the Meadow Lane area to highlight fire safety information since this fire and firefighters from Formby are expected to visit further properties today, January 6. For free fire safety advice or to request a Home Fire Safety Check call 0800 7315958 or go to www.merseyfire.gov.uk Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321 or 07930717137 Email [email protected] Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Facebook www.facebook.com/otsnews.co.uk Instagram www.instagram.com/otsnews Related Comments comments!