Neglectful Ainsdale dog groomer causes death of family pet June 27th, 2015 jmr jmr Latest Uncategorized Shares Comments Photo: Dapper dogs Earlier this week Lisa Healy appeared before magistrates and admitted causing unnecessary suffering to an animal. A golden retriever died of heatstroke after being left inside a hair-drying cabinet at ‘Dapper Dogs’ dog grooming parlour in Ainsdale – a business operated by Healy. Charlie, a healthy six-year-old family pet, had been inside the dryer for 15 minutes when he started pawing at the door – but Healy (45) failed to realise he was in distress. Instead she left the dog unattended for another ten minutes, by which time Charlie had collapsed. Sadly he died during the early hours of the following day. Peter Mitchell, prosecuting on behalf of the RSPCA, told the court that Healy had been negligent because guidelines state that dogs should never be left unattended inside drying cabinets. Healy escaped a ban on keeping pets or working with them after magistrates heard the incident was a one-off in an otherwise unblemished career. Instead she was fined £250 and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £25. She was also told to pay £2,695 of RSPCA costs and vet bills. Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook www.facebook.com/otsnews.co.uk Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News. If you want your news read locally online then send it to email@example.com – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience. Related Comments comments!