Man Given Oxygen By Firefighters For Smoke Inhalation After Tackling Garage Fire With Garden Hose, Southport February 25th, 2013 admin Latest News Shares Comments Man Given Oxygen By Firefighters For Smoke Inhalation After Tackling Garage Fire With Garden Hose, Southport Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called just after 10am to near Hesketh Drive, Southport. Firefighters extinguished the fire. The man given oxygen by firefighters for smoke inhalation also received a check-up by paramedics at the scene. Around 25% of the contents of the garage was damaged by fire. The cause of the fire was a suspected electrical fault in cables charging a battery. Watch Manager Rob Hamill, who was with White Watch at Southport Community Fire Station and attended the call-out, said: “If you are going to be charging batteries or using electrical equipment in garages make sure flammables, aerosols and oils are moved some distance away to reduce the risk of fire spread from electrical faults. The man in this case had got a garden hose to tackle the fire and as a result breathed in some smoke and attended hospital. We only advise people to tackle a fire if it is safe to do so and if not to get out, stay out and call 999.” An appliance from Southport Community Fire Station attended the call-out. Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137 Email [email protected] Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News. If you want your news read locally online then send it to [email protected] – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience. Onthespot – your online reporter www.onthespotnews.co.uk Do you have a story to tell? Please text or phone 07930717137 or email [email protected] Follow OTS (Onthespot) on Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Related Comments comments!