Girl’s Head Freed From Biscuit Tin July 30th, 2012 admin Latest News Shares Comments Firefighters in Southport rescued a young girl after she got her head stuck in a biscuit tin. The three-year-old was brought into Southport Community Fire Station with her mother, just before 3.10pm. It is believed the girl, who is from Southport, was playing with the tin on her head, when she fell and it got stuck on the top of her head. Firefighters used tin snips to cut the tin and managed to free her head. An ambulance was called and the girl was given a precautionary check by paramedics. The child is believed to have been unharmed in the incident. Peter Kirkham, Watch Manager at Southport Community Fire Station, said: “The little girl was playing and had been using the tin as a hat. However she fell and it became wedged. “She was very distressed when she was brought in and we managed to calm her down. We cut into the tin to open it and slide it off her head.” Source MF&RS Onthespot – your online reporter Do you have a story to tell? Please text or phone 07930717137 or email [email protected] Follow OTS (Onthespot) on Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Related Comments comments!