Garage fire at a house in Southport January 25th, 2016 jmr jmr Latest News Shares Comments Saturday, 23 January 2016, Heathfield Road, Southport Firefighters were called to a garage fire at a house on Heathfield Road in Southport around 6.40pm on Saturday, January 23. Two fire engines from Southport Community Fire Station and another from Kirkdale Community Fire Station attended the incident, where a male occupant suffered smoke inhalation. He was thoroughly checked by paramedics at the scene but no further medical treatment was required. Crews extinguished the fire, which severely damaged the garage and its contents and spread to the house damaging a facia and cladding. Firefighters carried out a home fire safety check and fitted smoke alarms. They remained at the incident for almost two hours. Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07581350321 Email email@example.com Facebook www.facebook.com/otsnews.co.uk Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News. If you want your news read locally online then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience. Related Comments comments!