Formby Occupier Says Smoke Alarm “Saved His Life” After House Fire Starts January 17th, 2013 admin Latest News Shares Comments A homeowner has told firefighters smoke alarms “saved his life” after a fire started in a boiler at a house. Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called at 10.01pm on Tuesday, January 15, to Kirklake Road, Formby. Speaking today, January 17, Watch Manager Matt Scott, who is based at Formby Community Fire Station, said “We visited the property following the fire to carry out a Home Fire Safety Check. The occupiers said the smoke alarms saved their lives. “They were sitting in the front room watching television with the lounge and kitchen door shut. The fire started in the gas central heating boiler downstairs and went up the flue to the first floor. “The smoke alarms alerted them to the fire and prevented severe damage to the property.” Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a high pressure hose to extinguish the fire. Around one metres of floorboards on a first floor landing were damaged by fire. An appliance from Formby Community Fire Station and an appliance from Bootle and Netherton Community Fire Station attended the call-out. Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137 Email [email protected] Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News. If you want your news read locally online then send it to [email protected] – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience. Onthespot – your online reporter www.onthespotnews.co.uk Do you have a story to tell? Please text or phone 07930717137 or email [email protected] Follow OTS (Onthespot) on Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Related Comments comments!