UPDATE Firefighters tackle Hampton Road Garage blaze Southport March 25th, 2013 admin Latest News Shares Comments Firefighters tackle Hampton Road Garage blaze Southport Fire-fighters were called to Hampton Road, Southport, at approximately 7:55pm tonight (Monday 25th March 2013) following reports of a fire. They arrived on scene within minutes to find an garage on fire at the rear of houses (Sperin Engineering) They immediately removed propane gas cylinders and Oxygen Acetylene bottles from outside the premises. Fire-fighters are currently on scene tackling the blaze. Five appliances are on scene. There were reports of a number of explosions, as well as heavy smoke. Hampton Road is closed to traffic in both directions. REMEMBER WHERE YOU READ THIS STORY FIRST! ONTHESPOT NEWS (OTS NEWS) Update The garage, measuring 10 metres by 5 metres, was well alight by the time firefighters arrived. It is believed the fire was accidental and that is was caused by an electrical fault. Nobody is believed to have been injured in the incident. Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137 Email [email protected] Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News. If you want your news read locally online then send it to [email protected] – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience. Onthespot – your online reporter www.onthespotnews.co.uk Do you have a story to tell? Call OTS www.callots.co.uk Please text or phone 07930717137 or email [email protected] Follow OTS (Onthespot) on Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Related Comments comments!