Candle causes fire in Park Road Basement Flat Southport January 30th, 2013 admin Latest News Shares Comments Fire-fighters were called to a block of flats in Park Road, Southport, at approximately 6:45pm tonight (Wednesday 30th January 2013) following reports of a fire. Fire-fighters from Southport Community Fire Station arrived on scene within minutes and extinguished at fire in a basement bedroom. A candle and nail polish remover caused the fire. The occupants were out of the flat prior to arrival of fire-fighters. There were no injuries involved. Fire alarms were fitted and activated. There was severe smoke damage to the bedroom. Three fire appliances and paramedics attended the scene. Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137 Email [email protected] Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News. If you want your news read locally online then send it to [email protected] – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience. Onthespot – your online reporter www.onthespotnews.co.uk Do you have a story to tell? Call OTS www.callots.co.uk Please text or phone 07930717137 or email [email protected] Follow OTS (Onthespot) on Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Related Comments comments!